Re: NO2 spikes / plant toxins

Aquatic Plants Digest <aquatic-plants-owner at actwin_com> wrote:
>So, I ask the gurus on this list -- is it possible that some toxin(s) were
>on the plants?  Will enough water changes remove what ever it is?  I did 2
>more water changes on each of the tanks, and the fish perked right up...

I'd keep doing those water changes -- possibly something in the newspaper (even
if only the ink) killed your biofilter.

As an aside, I think this is a good example of why quarantining EVERYTHING is
useful -- though I think I went too far when I quarantined gravel for 5 weeks
to see if it dropsied (it didn't)....

If you have any of the newspaper left and a friendly scientist nearby, you
could test the paper and see if it was anything on there.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you.

--
http://www.the-anathema.org
"Imagine...