Re: How old do they get . . .

Hi,

I have an echinodorus that is at least 10 years old and probably closer to 15.  It has survived all kinds of calamities that would have done in a lesser plant.  It has varied in height from between 6 and 14 inches, depending on whether it was in the thriving or declining mode.  It has been replanted several times.

And a question:  Is there any information on the effect
on the longevity of aquatic plants by giving them very large amounts of light and nutrients?  I know that in some fish "forcing" can produce gorgeous specimens but longevity is decreased.

Bill