Re: hair algae

>I've been reading the archives, and Paul in central
>mississippi has me
>worried. Is there any way to get rid of hair algae
>besides tearing down your
>tank and bleaching everything? I hope so.

I believe Paul was talking about Cladaphora.  That's
not "normal" hair algae.  If it was, there would
probably be a lot less people in this hobby by the
sound of it.

I had hair algae a while back when I overdosed
phosphate.  The Seachem phosphate kit I got has proven
to be well worth it and helped me get a handle on it.
I no longer worry about hair algae.

There are other causes of course, so it would be
helpful to test things out and report back.

Cavan