Re: Superthrive

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:03:03 -0800 (PST)
> From: Michael Livingston <livingston01 at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Superthrive
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am wondering if anyone has used a product called Superthrive in an aquarium.
> It's not a fertilizer, but a mixture of plant hormones.  I've used it on
> houseplants and a collection of carnivorous plants with nearly unbelievable
> results.  Not only does it spur fantastic growth, but it's full and, well,
> luxurious.  Not leggy or distorted at all.  Their advertising (the corniest on
> the planet) is geared toward nursery and vegetable growers ("Increase your
> profits, blah, blah, blah...") and is supposed to be completely safe for
> humans.  I haven't found any reference to aquatic applications and am very
> curious to try it, but I am concerned about what will happen in a closed
> system, and the possible effects on the fish, MTSs and shrimps that live with
> my plants.

I was waiting for one for several years now:-)

You can use it with no ill effects, perhaps it helps, perhaps it doesn't.
I used it for a time. Not expensive either.
It would not hurt to add it and if your one of those people who likes to add
more than NPK, CO2 light and traces.....well sure, why not?
Doesn't hurt fish , shrimps etc. I did not add lots of it, 1-2 drop per 10
gallons weekly.
Regards,
Tom Barr