Disenfecting Plants?

I didn't get much response about anitbiotics and plants (Re: Tank
o death for cories), so I'll try a different tack.

How do you disenfect plants?  I'd like to get the bad bacteria off
my plants and put them in a seperate tank while I'm treating my
main tank w/ antibiotics.  I've heard that a 5% bleach dip is
effective, but I'm worried that it will be too hard on the plants
and may not be enough to kill the bad bacteria.

Also Lime-It was suggested as a dip.  I'm even more dubious that
this will work as a good bacterialcide.

Thanks for your input,
-Eric