Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 14:51:22 -0800
From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
Subject: Re:Speakers for AGA 2003

Some choices:
1) Kasslemann
2) Jan D. Bastmeijer
3) Claus Christian of Tropica

Regards,
Tom Barr
Tom also said:
For the AGA speaker selection closer to home:
Roger Miller
Diana Walstad
James Purchase
Ed Schnieder
- - former President of the Water Lily Society, Director of the Santa
Barbara
Botanical Garden, Adjunct Professor at UC.
If you check some of those Australian plant links that Cavan put up, he's
the guy that describes some of those plants.
James, Roger do you guys do talks for your local clubs?  I've certainly seen
a lot of posts from the both of you that suggest that you have a lot of
plant knowledge to share.  I don't alway keep track of the Canadian meetings
so I don't know if Mr. Purchase has been actively speaking up there.  What
sort of topic would you like to hear them cover?  Has anyone ever heard Ms
Walstad speak, does she do that sort of thing?  Actually I'm pretty
surprised that we've never seen her on this list.  Tom, have you ever heard
Dr. Schnieder speak, do you think this would be a talk that interests the
AGA convention crowd?  Some of my professors in college wrote very
interesting papers and were great to deal with one on one but weren't at
their best at public speaking.  If anyone has something that they would
rather not say on this list please forward your comments to me.  I'm sure
that the BOD is familiar with a lot of these names but perhaps some of the
suggestions might lead to opportunities to bring in a new face.  I know that
conventions like the NEC are always pushing to find new and different
speakers for their show.  Hopefully we can keep the AGA conventions flush
with interesting speakers too.

Gary Lange
gwlange at mindspring_com