Re: Plant Fertilizers (KNO3 in Singapore)

BC wrote:

"I have finally found a hydroponics shop that sell KNO3 and other useful
stuff.  It is only S$7.50 (abt US$4.00) for min order of 1 kg.  This stuff
can probably last me more than 2 years for my 60L tank!  (I would have not
used Flourish Potassium if I have found this earlier... way too expensive!)"

KNO3 isn't the best source for K, you'll end up adding too much N, and get
into a dog chasing its tail circle. Especially if you have a fish load that
contributes N. K2SO4 is better if K is all you're after. See:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_dosage_calc.htm

for dosing calculations.

TW