RE: Grapevine and Drs. FosterandSmith

Don't know about using grapevine as driftwood.
I ordered a centerpiece from Aquarium Driftwood and was very pleased with
the wood (and plants) sent to me.
I am new to the list and do not know Carrie or have any business interest in
the company. I was just pleased with the product and service. (I think the
site is "aquariumdriftwood.com" no quotes)
Just had an interesting episode with Drs. Foster et al. {I'm a little
trembly typing this, what if I'm sued?) I placed my first order with them
last week. Had no major difficulties although I did have to call them twice
to get a tracking number for my shipment.
Earlier this week I placed another order-this time for an Eheim 2026. Called
twice for a shipping number. I was told last night that the item was out of
stock and backordered (until March 29th). There was no indication of the
fact that they were out of stock on the web site and still no change on the
site today. I told the customer service representative that in light of the
time involved, I would like to cancel the order. She then told me that it
might not be possible to cancel the order. After I picked up the phone she
said something about the fact that it was already "invoiced" (mistakenly)
and it might not be possible for the staff to wade through the 15000 or so
orders to pull mine from the future delivery list. She then said "You could
always refuse the order and send it back" and I said "Can you assure me that
my credit card will not be charged?" to which she replied "I don't think I
can guarantee that." After talking to her manager, she said they would issue
an "emergency cancellation" order and get in touch with me next week
notifying me whether or not the order has, indeed, been cancelled.
Please don't misunderstand. The service rep was polite and efficient. I
think. however, she and the company are working with a system that is not
anywhere close to being up to speed. Like it or not, we live in the days of
Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble online ordering.
I wrote a very polite extended note to them explaining that I love their
site and the wide variety of items they carry, but that I would not be
ordering from them until they were able to do email notifications regarding
processing, shipping and tracking.
Anyone had any experience with BigAlsonline?