The things you can do with ladies pantyhose ...

Or where I come from - ladies tights!

Suzi in Vancouver wrote:  "What I did was to put a piece of pantyhose over
the intake ..."

This invaluable piece of equipment has been in my box of "bits" for some
time now.  I've used them to make little bags to hold peat or charcoal in
the past.  My latest usage tip is to put a "foot" over the intake end of my
python water changer.  Takes quite a while to change the water in my 100
gallon tank.  I either had to continually hold the hose and flick away
small inquisitive fish (a guppy once suffered a very unpleasant experience
having been sucked up), or else bury it in the substrate in a corner.  Now
with the end firmly covered, I don't have to stand and monitor it
constantly.

Anyone else got any tips for ladies underwear in their tanks?

JC in Calgary