snails!

> Now, my question is, can anyone give me pointers to good info
> about Malaysian Trumpet Snails?  I got 2, yes, only 2, in a 10 gallon
> planted tank.  I'd like to get a good colony of snails going in there,
> so I can throw a few into my 38 gallon now and then for my clown
> loaches.  Do these snail require male and female for reproduction?
> I know not all snails do.

They are livebearing snails, and don't require male/female pairs.  I
can't remember if they are just asexual or hermaphroditic (sp). You will
soon have more than you know what to do with.  Also I have heard that
clown loaches can't eat them very well, because their shells are so hard
and they can close up in their shell.  But I believe Chuck Gadd has
clown loaches and MTS.  Maybe he can tell us for sure.