Fundraising and Benefits

Hello Wonderful People,

I thought I'd come out of lurking mode for a minute and toss out the
mini-brainstorm idea of holding a "fundraiser" or "benefit" event.
It seems like lots of people on the list enjoy some friendly competition
when it comes to aquascaping and the hobby in general. It also seems
like there may be plenty of talent around here when it comes to organizing
such events. Does anyone here think it would be possible, and legal of course,
to create such a competition on the WWW, or a similar event of some
type, to raise more money for the fund?  On the surface, I think it could
be a great deal of fun for everyone -- especially if it was something that
everyone would feel "adequate" with participating in. Unfortunately, this is
about where my brainstorm ends, unless you want to start talking about a
"Craziest SAE Contest" or something *smiles*, but seriously, is this idea
worth further consideration, or do I just need to get more sleep?

- Emmett