RE: Green dust algae again!

R. Sandage wrote:
"So I have this stuff in my tank. It takes about 36
hours after a water change before it is visible on
the glass. I have been doing 75% water changes
2x/week the past two weeks, wiping it off the glass
before I drain the tank. It is not helping. I don't
have a diatom filter or UV sterilizer."

I have both and neither has made much difference.  I
have the UV on 12 hours a day with the lights.  Tried
the same types of things you are doing. All to no
avail.

This weekend, I noticed when I woke up that my fiance
had the blinds completely open to the living room,
throwing a lot of light into the room in an effort to
get her dying house plants to perk up (she'd do
better with voodoo).  I realized
that a lot of this indirect light was hitting the
front and right side of my tank. I think this was a
major factor in my algae problem, so this week,  I
convinced her to leave the blinds closed... So far so
good.  Definite slow down in the algae.  Jury is
still out though.

I didn't even think much of the indirect light, but
you might check your situation and see if you have a
lot of it in the room where the tank is...

Hope this helps.  YMMV etc.

-Tony
In windy and cold SE PA!

Check out my Eichhornia diversifolia auction!
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi/?liveplants&1015817421