fish eating plants

Hello Folks:
I am noticing that my tetra tank which has lush plant
growth has had the tips of the tennellus leaves nipped
off.  Also, the plantlets on my sword plant flower
stalk have also had their tender new roots nipped off.
 I am suspecting my congo tetras because they have
teeth and have a jaw line that reminds me of a bull
dog.  The other fish are cardinals, silver tip tetras,
rasboras, rummy nose and the usual plant friendly
snails.  I can't seem to catch the culprit unless I
can sit in front of the tank for hours without
interruption.  So, any one have experience like this?
Have a clue of which one may be the culprit?
Thanks, Diana