Re: herbivores??

I have otos, siamese algae eaters, ramshorn snails, malaysian trumpet
snails, a couple of grass shrimp, three twig catfish and one baby swordtail
nibbling or scraping away at the surfaces in my 150 gallon tank. SMALL snail
species are okay with plants and a valuable addition to any tank. Most
common livebearers nibble at algae all day long. Be careful what type of
pl*co you add, they vary in diet and may not be very interested in your
algae.

Before I added CO2 to the tank I had a lot more algae in spite of the starry
night pleco [black with white spots bristlenose],otos and snails. The plants
don't seem to get algae like they did before. I like my algae nibblers even
though the twig catfish are making lattice work out of my swordplants.

Kathy in southern California

<<I'm still reading all my emails and beginning to make
changes.
Can anybody suggest good algea  eaters? I have read a
little into otts and flying foxes and siamese and
chinese.
One site says this one says that!
any tips??

Kate>>