max level of po4

I'm still pretty much a newbie, but have enough knowlede to know that po4
alone does not cause algae. Tom frequently asks how much is too much po4?
Well here is my experience. About 8 months ago I set up a 30 long 110wtt cf,
flourite sub, diy co2 and still dosed my ap perfect ph 7 ( before I learned
that it was a phosphate buffer) So I tested for phosphate and it was off the
richter scale, but I had 0 algae. I can't tell you how many 50% water changes
it took to where I could even test for it. After I got it down to where it
was supposed to be and quit adding the buffer, is when things went south. I
now add about one dash twice a week( I use the spoon from my lamotte test
kit) that brings me up to the _recomended_ range. Imagine what it was when I
was adding 3 huge scoopfuls of this stuff- and there was no algae whatsoever
I'm convinced it's way more than high p04 levels that cause algae

Jeff Vamos
Cessnabum1 at aol_com