Re: Filtering DIY CO2

Ed Dumas wrote:

>.... This would explain a lot for me. I have one of those $#$#%$^ DIY yeast
>systems, and I was seeing if adding Excel would provide a little extra
>carbon for the plants. My guess is that if there are sugars in Excel,
>this would combine with yeast from a DIY system to cloud the water and
>have a nice fermentation happening right in the tank.
>
>Does this sound plausible to anyone out there?

I don't know, but you can keep the yeast out of your tank by using a simple
water filter/bubble counter inline between the yeast brew and tank.  As the
output from the yeast bubbles up through the water in the filter,
particulates are removed.  Just gas enters the aquarium.  I've used this
method since I first started using yeast about 2 years ago.  I've never had
cloudy water, white slime, or any of the other weirdness I've heard
attributed to DIY.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee