Question about bulb choices

Hi, I'm new to this list and have been lurking for about a week now.
I've been reading up on fluorescent bulbs for tanks and frankly, I've
got info overload.

I have a 46g bowfront which, due to it's odd shape, limits my
lighting choices, which I want to remain simple (for now).  I have a
lot of low light plants with a few medium thrown in for
experimentation. Currently I have one 36" 30w Phillips Daylight bulb
(kind of greenish), with one of the bulbs that came with the strip
light hood (cool white).  I would like to add a small strip-light to
the front of the bow. I can fit a 16" strip very nicely there, which
would give me another 15w which would give me 1.6w per gallon over
all.

What I am having trouble with is which bulbs are best?  I like the
combination of different bulbs (for example, two of the Phillips was
much too green) but with my limited choices I have no idea what would
be the most effective for the situation. Of course I want good light
for the plants with good light for my eyes.

I have looked at many lighting sites and all the watts/lumen/K/CPI
info is overwhelming. But, after much reading, I am leaning toward
combining the Phillips, with either a GE Chroma 50, Sylvania Gro-Lux,
or Coralife Trichromatic. And put a better plant-specific light in
the front strip.  I like a natural looking, brightish looking light.
Can anyone recommend a combination to me?

Thanks for your time,
Laura