Warming the DIY - Insulate It

It's pretty chilly this time of year in Colorado, but I never wanted
to hassle with the heater/bucket method of heating the DIY. I suspect
what it really needs in the average home (assuming you aren't my
mother and don't heat with firewood exclusively) is just to have the
temperature more constant. I picked up a softsided insulated cooler
at Walmart. It zips shut and has a heavy cloth exterior. I modified
the top to accomodate two large bottle tops and the tubing. That did
the trick for me. I've used this through two winters with great
results. It cost me about $15 for the cooler, but it's much less
hassle than having to remember to keep the water level in a bucket up
and it's one less wet spill to deal with. I use these on all my tanks.

JoAnn