pH fell out the bottom

I have been attempting to assist a friend with his tank.  For a while
everything was looking great until recently when his pH measured 5 (possibly
less) and KH 2.  I think it is partly due to the fact he has not done a
water change in over 2 months, but I could also be wrong since this has
never happened to me.  What could have caused this?  He has several plants
in the tank and so far he has not lost any fish.  He does use the Carbo Plus
system...if that is important.

Please help...I'm stuck.  Any information will be helpful.

big D
--
It's not a fish tank, it's a plant tank ... the fish are decoration.

Check out my fish site @
http://home.austin.rr.com/ddaquaria