Re: Hydrotriche hottoniiflora

>Relatively easy plant with spiky almost cactus like leaves (spine like).
>Nice plant. I kept it for about 4 years. Makes nice groups. Likes light and
>higher NO3s(10ppm to 15ppm) to grow better(you may not want this).

I got mine from Tom... kept it for over a year now.... For me, it grows
under leaner conditions:
light=2.5wpg (320 watts for 20"x48" water surface), NO3<5ppm...PO4 very
low. KH=2-3 It has been very prolific and flowers regularly when I allow it
to get to the surface. Unlike some stem plants, it doesnt grow out of the
water, but starts to grow along surface and flowers.
Neil