Why is my wendtii melting?

Are red wendtii crypts more susceptible to melting that bronze wendtii
crypts, lutea, or spiralis?  I introduced a powerhead (near the red wendtii
and spiralis) in order to add oxygen in the tank at night.  My CO2 runs
continuously.  The red wendtii had been doing very well, then over a few
days - half melted away.  I also have crypt spiralis planted behind the red
wendtii, and I have notice no massive melting.

All the plants and fish are doing well.

Any clues here?

big D
--
It's not a fish tank, it's a plant tank ... the fish are decoration.

Check out my fish site @
http://home.austin.rr.com/ddaquaria