Re: native plants

Cameron's looking for native plants that aren't stem or grass-like plants
and preferably grow in the Southeast US.

American Water Plantain (Alisma subcordatum) is common in Southeastern
wetlands.  It's in the same family (Alismataceae) as Echinodorus.  I've
only seen it growing emersed, but it is probably a suitable candidate for
aquarium use.  I plan on trying some the next time I go collecting.

Also, there are several Sagittaria species native to the Southeast.  These
may be too grassy for you.
--
Chuck Huffine
Knoxville, Tennessee