further native info

A quick search from the NRCS shows that Echinodorus berteroi, E.
cordifolius, E. floridanus, and E. tenellus are all native to the US.  Are
there maybe more than one variety of these, or do I just not understand the
way scientific names work, or is E. tenellus really available in the
waterways of Texas to New York (excepting TN, OH, WV, PA, RI, and MD)?  Can
I likely go out in my local waters this spring and find sword plants?

Also, thanks for the mention of Hydrocotyle verticillata, that's not one I
knew about.  Anyone else?

Cameron