Balloon Mollies!!!

I've been suffering from hair and staghorn (?) algae in my 25g tank for a
while now. The added light and CO2 is helping the plants get ahead, as do
the otos and SAE's, but it's still there. Especially in my java moss and
xmas tree moss.

Well, it was, anyway.

I picked up a trio of balloon mollies (one male, two female) just on a
hunch. Guess what? They are working wonders!

It's been about a week, and all the algae is gone from the mosses, and they
have been attacking the hair moss in between the leaves of my bacopa. My
SAE's and otos won't touch that area at all, and only eat young algae. Once
it's visible they ignore it.

I'm not usually big on fish that look like they were bred for bizarre body
shapes (I think balloon mollies are...but don't know for sure), but these
aren't bad. Females are solid black. Male is black with a huge dorsal fin
and orange borders on the dorsal and caudal fins. Very attractive.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this discovery. :-)

DonT