Deficiency, damage or age?

I am in the process of changing my tank to mostly anubias and crypts. What I
am seeing is new to me. It starts as yellowish "flesh" wounds and then
darkens on the anubias and turns to holes on the crypts. It is much more
noticeable on the anubias. Here is a link to a pic
http://www.pbase.com/image/1232903
The anubias and crypts are growing MUCH faster now that they are in more
direct light. Does this look like deficiency, damage or just age?

TIA

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---