Re: Filters

"Chuck MacNaughton" <chuck at newnetco_com>
wrote, about eheim filters, and getting a mouthful of
water, priming them.
	For those considering filter purchases, the newer
ones require no mouthfuls of water.  :)
	I have the Eheim Ecco 2233.  Now, I only purchased
it this past year, but I've had no problems, and I'm still
using the original foam pads. I just rinse them.  To start
the syphon on this filter after cleaning it, you just re-
attach the quick-connect valves that it comes with.  Then
you turn them to the open position, and just slowly raise
the handle above the filter. That's it, the water starts
flowing into the canister, ala gravity, and pushes the air
out the filter return pipe.  It's really simple to do, once
you read through teh instruction carefully the first time.
My mother has the next size up in the Ecco line as well,
and loves it.  After decades of fishkeeping, this is the
first filter she's ever raved about. It's quiet, and works
well.
	I would recommend you buy some of the long flexible
brushes they sell to clean the tubing with, though.
occaissionally it needs done.
	And, this filter doesn't come with a spraybar, so if
you want one, either order it or make it.
-Chrys