Java Moss

Sounds like copper may be the culprit.  I have well water, and some of the
pipes are copper.  The previous java moss crash was on a tank with a huge
patch of it, that had not been trimmed or otherwise disturbed for about five
years, and that was the same with the present tank.  Both times the only
thing that was done out of the ordinary was a relatively massive water
change.  With the present tank, I had to lower the water drastically to move
the tank.  I added water to other tanks at the same time, and the java moss
in them is growing just fine.

Thanks for the tips.

Jean