Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1639

In a message dated 2/23/02 2:56:59 PM Central Standard Time,

> What are the feelings of this group about the relative merits of these
> different makes of canister filter?

Eheim is generally considered the absolute best bet.  I have an Eheim Pro
2228, and I love it and have had NO problems with it.

Is there anyplace where I can get plans for a sump pump style filter if I
decide to go that way?

Lots and lots of DIY plans, I would start with thekrib.com and also check out
aquariacentral.com and the help forums there and ask away!

Are canister filters or a sump pump type the best choices for a heavily
planted aquarium?

That is a tough one to answer and depends a lot on convenience.  If I could
do it over, I would go with a sump system.  Read and ask questions about the
relative merits of each.  AMiracle makes sump setups as do other
manufacturers if you want premade options.  Ease of cleaning and ability to
put items such as heaters in the sump area of the filter are the main reason
I will go that route next.

Good Luck!

Don

multipart/alternative