Re: Java Moss

I did an experiment that was totally unscientific but I was looking for a
plant to provide food for newly hatched fry (6 feedings a day are impossible
for any working person) and I used Java moss (didn't want them to eat the
plant, the plant was a medium for other critters). Because I use certain
chemicals to retard the growth of fungus I wanted to see how the plant would
respond to small amounts of various chemicals in the water post hatching.
Long story short, I found that Java moss really hates the various copper
treatments and when I used any product with copper in it, the Java moss did
poorly. I realize that most plants hate large amounts of copper but the Moss
really went down hill fast even with decreasing amounts of copper. Again that
was an unscientific experiment but it happened in numerous tanks over the
period of a few months.  It could have been something else but I'll leave it
to the junior chemists to figure it out.
Scott S