Re: AGA contest

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Dustin Swanson wrote:

> due.  Maybe next year.  I have a cool 10 gallon now with a java moss wall on
> three sides, and some nice additions in the center, and my 58 gallon is
> becoming a mature crypt farm so I may enter the contest next year, I heard
> the judges appreciate mature crypts, because they know you can't just trim
> them up and stick them in the tank.  I bet there's a couple tanks where
> people go buy all the plants, then set it up and like a week later take
> pictures to enter the contest with.

...and it's usually pretty obvious when they do.  Some of the critical
comments by at least one judges reflected this on many tanks: "Let's see
it again in 6 months", "looks like it was just set up", etc.

I'd suggest anyone entering this year follow Tom's advice post from last
weekend about preparing your aquarium for show (or photography).  I know
*I* will.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson