Re: Aldrovanda

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:36:04 -0800 (PST)
> From: Cavan <millsman7 at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Aldrovanda
>
> http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq5040.html
>
>This plant looks neat.  It would be neat to try in a
>container of its own where it's predatory habits don't
>extend to tiny animal life not intended for an early
>end (like fry).  I had never heard of it before
>looking through and revising my club's AHAP rules.
>Maybe you could feed it daphnia with a baster.

This would be the ultimate "planted tank, not fish-tank "
arrangement.  The extreme.  I can hear it now, "oh yes,
I keep fish, I have to have something for my plants to
eat!"   ;)
    This was very interesting.  I'd never thought there
was an aquatic "venus fly trap" sort of plant before!
-Chrys
     Planted Aquarium Web Page-
http://chrys.addr.com/aquarium/
     My Photography Page-