RE: Diatomagic Filter

Scott,

Yes, the Diatomagic is made by the Whisper people. And, yes, the Vortex
recharge valve adds a similar recycle feature, but it's leaky and the
dangling hoses on the Vortex are a major pain when moving the filter from
tank to tank. You don't have that inconvenience with the Diatomagic. I also
really like the System 1, but for my purposes of using it on a photo tank--
where I need to shut it off while shooting-- it doesn't really work out. When
you start it back up, a bit of powder finds its way into the tank, clouding
the water until the filter can remove it. So you've got a wait before you can
take another photo.

Mike Wickham (mewickham at compuserve_com)
Pleco Press, publisher of aquarium books
Coming soon: www.plecopress.com!