See Thru

Wright said:

>>>When viewing a tank from the front, the apparent distance to the back
is shortened by the index of refraction of the water.

You get this effect regardless of whether your tank backs up to a wall
or in my case, if it is IN a wall that you can walk around to view it
from both sides.  C-thru tanks set up all kinds of interesting
design/layout dilemmas as you might imagine. I have two different tanks
to look at when I walk from one room to the other.  I started with a
"centered" design, but as you can see it has sort of gotten a mind of
its own........... 8>)

  http://www.gpas.org/NWKILLIES/Ultimate.jpg

Cheers,

Northwest Killies