Re: CO2 reactor, stained water

> Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:21:38 -0500
> From: JDeAngelo at dewberry_com
> Subject: CO2 reactor, stained water
*snip*
>  Does anyone  have a in tank DIY CO2 reactor plan
> they could share.  Also I am searching for a way to
>  stain the water in the tank.  I have tried the
>  blackwater extract but the effect is temporary, gone in
> about two days.  I have two external filters running
>  slow with Peat as the only active media besides the
>  floss bag. Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help

Ok, here's a web page with a DIY reactor plan.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/
click on "DIY Yeast-Generated CO2".

And to stain the tank water, a awful lot of "driftwood" will
stain your water various shades of yellow,amber, or
brown.  Most ppl on this list are questing all the time to
find wood that won't.  I ordered some driftwood form
http://www.thatpetplace.com/ once that turns the water
amber. It's impossible to keep it form doing so, with
carbon and water changes, even.
-Chrys
     Planted Aquarium Web Page-
http://chrys.addr.com/aquarium/