RE; Amano cult discussion...

Mr. Purchase wrote:
"The "mystical garbage" is every bit as valid an
approach as worrying over micronutrient levels to the
point of _navel gazing_ or pulling your hair out over
the appearance of algae."

This cracked me up James... The scientific name for
navel gazing of course being omphaloskepsis -- one of
my favorite $5 words.

I do tend to agree with James on his points though --
at some root level I suspect many hobbiests are
interested in the "creative outlet" aspect.

Afterall, you can only buy so many gadgets and test
your water so many times before you actually have
to...God forbid!!... Aquascape and worry about how
the rocks look in the whole compositition.  I'm very
excited that I am now at this stage, and no longer
stress about a little algae!

-Tony