Re: All hobbies are art?

James Purchase said:

> This isn't really a hobby where true success can be measured by how
> closely
> you can follow a recipe. I haven't seen many masterpieces produced by
> "paint
> by number" artistes.

Be that as it may for "true success," a lot of people are in the hobby
for lesser, more practicable purposes, and for them recipes and
guidelines are quite useful.  Not to say there ain't more than one way
to bake a cake; just ask someone who bakes for a hobby but doesn't do
it trying to invent a new culinary masterpiece.  In fact, those trying
for masterpieces rather than more middling results are probably only
one in a do-ZEN.   ;-)

Scott H.