RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #1614

I'm with you on this one. I can't pretend to understand the
"inspiration" that takes hold of someone who makes a gorgeous work of
art inside 5 panes of glass, but I DO know that when I SEE that art I am
taken aback, and overpowered by the "soul" that is in that planted tank.

In other words, I can't define for you a breathtaking planted tank is,
but I know it when I see it. (to paraphrase a famous judge when dealing
with a pornography case).

Tanks LIKE Amano's books (and pictures I've seen of so many others'
tanks that people on THIS LIST maintain!!) keep me inspired. I'll likely
never REACH those levels (I'm a better observer of art than a creator of
it), but I'll continue to be inspired by those endeavors.

Earth/Air/Fire/Water? Sure! If it made something that took my breath
away, put all the descriptive drama you WANT on it! :)

Gregory

> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:53:25 -0800
> From: "Robert H" <robertph3 at attbi_com>
> Subject: Re: exposing the Amano cult

> I don't think spiritualism, cultisim, or any of your other
> colorful descriptions really apply. Amano is an artist. The
> aquarium is his canvas that he chooses to express himself on.
> Like mosts artists he names his work and gives artful
> descriptions of them. So what?  Also as most artists, his
> expression is often seen as soulful, an expression of
> something meaningfull and beautifull. Some people might call
> that spiritual...again, so what? Art by definition is
> appreciated differently or not at all by each individual.
> Don't belittle someone elses appreciation. Edward is
> certainly not alone in his interest.
>
> Robert Paul Hudson
> http://www.aquabotanic.com

annex.com, Inc. - http://www.annex.com/