exposing the Amano cult

   Without disparaging Amano's talents as a planted aquarium enthusiast [and
businessman], or the beauty of his tanks, you can keep his overly spiritual
writing.  I can't stand to read it for a second.
   You see a nice planted tank, and the caption is something like: "I smelled
my mother's perfume in the forest at sunset as I descended the snowy
mountain.  I captured all my emotions here with this dwarf hair grass, as you
can plainly see --- [unless you're an insensitive moron, or at least not as
gifted as me, and those who worship me]."
   Rediculous!  I don't know how he gets away with it.  Just list the
ingredients and lay out the methods.  Keep the mystical garbage out of it.
   Venn now wants in on the act, and writes:  "A japanese garden must ...
contain all the elemental forces earth, air, water and fire ...."  Please
tell me how to inject fire into my tank!  All I have is CO2 so far.  Will I
still need a heater?  Will I now need a chiller?  Sheesh.
   I guess it sells, though.  Maybe I should write an astrology guide to
aquariums, and clean up.
   I expect the standard religious arguments in response.

David S. Brown

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---