Re: CO2 in Low Light tanks

David A. Youngker wrote an excellent post about adding CO2 to a low
light tank and whether that could cause a nutrient-deficiency situation
-- real cut-and-paste-to-file stuff, if you ask me.

David basically agreed with Tom that light would be a limiting factor
in a low light tank.  Added CO2 can improve appearance but the light
level will keep the plants from using up all the other nutrients.  But
David also said,

"The two primary "throttles" are already set - light and nitrogen.
Carbon will have a lesser effect on the speed of the growth than it
will its overall health and appearance"

This is where you lost me, David, although that's no mean feat ;-) .
If nitrogen is already a limiting factor (throttle), wouldn't adding
CO2 make the situation even worse?  That is, unless something else is
actually the controlling limit in this situation -- e.g., light.

Is the situation, and the answer(s) to my original question, the same
for slow and fast growth plants (say anubia on the one hand and hgro on
the other)?

Scott H.