aphids and mineral deposits

Long time no post.  My interest in my tanks waxes and wanes over the years,
and lately it's been waning.  2 signs of neglect are prompting me into
action.  Aphids have taken up residence on my emergent vegetation,
especially sword flowers and plantlets, and even vals that trail across the
surface.  What eats them, or alternatively, kills them without killing fish
and plants?  Also, some of my still-gorgeous ozelots and melons have what
appears to be a white mineral deposit building up on the upper leaves.  Any
thoughts on causes and cures?  Thanks, Kevin