Book recommendations

Sue Wild writes: > I'd like to get some feedback on books regarding planted
> aquariums.

     I strongly recommend <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967377307/qid=1013548626/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-0717329-1044661">Ecology of the Planted Aquarium : A Practical
Manual and Scientific Treatise for the Home Aquarist</A> by Diana L. Walstad.
This book lays out all the science, and then says: just plant it, enjoy it,
and don't worry about it.  What grows, grows.  What doesn't, doesn't.
     After seeing this list, I was afraid to set up a planted tank before I
read this book, and I've had aquariums for 37 years.
     You'll also want picture books.  This book has no photos to use to pick
plants.  Of course, the web is good for that.

David S. Brown

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---