Re: Aponogeton hybrids

The most common hybrids, and the only ones I have come across is ulvaceus
with natans, or undulatas with natans. It is easy to tell if your ulvaceus
is a hybrid, because it will have the floating Natans leaves on a long
petiole. Some will have few ulvaceus leaves, and a few natans leaves on the
same plant, or it will be all floating. These plants hybridize each other
easily.

True ulvacues is not hard to find at all however, except maybe at Walmart. I
have been selling them and growing them for years. I send them out every
week! Karen Randall wrote about the different characteristics of Aponogetons
and her article is located here:
http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/1999/june/aquatic/default.asp

Robert Paul Hudson
http://www.aquabotanic.com