Re: nickel allergy and Flourish

Daphne Freeman wrote:

> Recently, I decided to switch over from TMG to Flourish,  primarily because
> I was already using most of the Seachem line anyway.  I noticed, to my
> horror, that Flourish contains both nickel and cobalt, both of which I am
> allergic to.  How long do these elements take to break down once you've
> added them to the tank,  or do they?  This may be one for Dr. Morin?
>
> I have already ordered some long gloves, just in case,  but will have to
> switch back to TMG if I start having reactions!
>
> Daphne

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I can't imagine being allergic
to nickel and/or cobalt. Can I ask you what happens if you come in
contact with nickel coins (such as the nickel)? Those really blue
glasses are made blue by cobalt also. I couldn't imagine having to check
everything for its ingredients before I touched it - I empathize with
you situation. I don't want to be rude, but just curious.

--
Jerry Baker