Re:Photoperiods and algae

Wayne wrote:

"The split lighting period...snip...I'm sure I remember some folks trying
this out a while back and reporting that it hurt the plants more than the
algae."

I had the reverse experience, especially on "green dust" algae, until... I
added two types of swordplant - E. parviflorus (Tropica) and E. bleheri v.
robustus. The other plants in the tank weren't affected by the split
photoperid, but these swordplants never did well until I went back to a
single long day. They did even better when the day was reduced to 11 hours,
from 12 or more. Nutrient and light level management can have the same
effect on algae as the split photoperiod, ime.

Tom