Re:Photoperiods and algae

The split lighting period and optimal spectra are described in an (english)
colour pamphlet produced by Dennerle entitled 'Algae problems? We solved
them long ago'.   I got it a couple of years ago from these people
http://www.newleafaquarium.com/ . Whether they will post outside the UK I
cant say.  Interestingly there is a  scathing attack on the very same
pamphlet on the Dupla site (www.dupla.com) under Today's Aquarium/Everything
about algae.  I'm sure I remember some folks trying this out a while back
and reporting that it hurt the plants more than the algae.  It must be in
the archives somewhere.

Regards
Wayne