From: Jerry Baker <jerrybaker at weirdness_com>
Subject: Large Rock = Anaerobic Substrate???

I have found a rather large rock that I would like to use in my 80G
tank, but I am worried that its large footprint will present some
problems in creating  anaerobic areas in the substrate. Is there a way
to avoid anaerobic areas underneath rock, will plants right next to the
rock root underneath, and is it really that much of a problem? The
footprint of the rock measures about 6" x 8" roughly, and it would be
set on top of the substrate and wiggled in a little bit for stability.

 - --
Jerry Baker