The Plant Formerly Known As Eusteralis and EDTA

I have the "real" Eusteralis stellata/Pogostemon stellatus and the shoots
used to die from time to time. I have not experienced this after I began
adding EDTA to my tanks about six weeks ago. When I do water changes I add
1g Na2EDTA per 100 liters of new water, and because EDTA is degraded by time
the actual concentrations in my aquariums are less than 0.1ppm. The stem
plants have really improved growth after I began adding EDTA, so I guess
iron was of poor availability before this. The few stalks of Glossostigma
elatinoides transformed into a nice green carpet in 3-4 weeks. Other plants
that have shown lusher growth are Cabomba caroliniana, C. furcata,
Eleocharis acicularis, Hemianthus micrathemoides (Thank you, Loh!),
Hydrotriche hottoniiflora, Micrathemum umbrosum, Rotala indica and Rotala
sp. 'Green'.

The only stem plant still growing slowly is Hygrophila stricta, maybe due to
soft water (KH and GH about 4dH). I add CO2 to my tanks, and lightings are
in the higher range. Also add macro nutrients (but P) and iron (Ferrogan).
Fish loads and feedings are pretty high, but I have no big algae problems.

Per Gunnar