Re: CO2 pressure head

Thomas Barr said, in small part, about CO2 reactors and the effect of
gravity:
> Generally, having a shorter "out" tube and a longer
> "in"
> tube is better.
[["Out" meaning from the tank into the reactor pump? and "In" meaning
from the reactor and back into the tank?]]]

> That's the design I use on a sump model which is
> about as
> good as it gets for CO2 reactor designs. It allows high flow and low
> pressure drop.

With the CO2 reactor pump in the sump, since the sump water is "open"
to the atmosphere, the benefits of gravity on the siphon don't help
push against the head pressure in the return-to-tank hose from the CO2
reactor and pump.  Or is the functional design of the sump models
different than that of your hang-on-tank reactors( pump in water sucks
CO2 and Water, pushes mix into reactor, return pipe guides CO2 rich
water back to tank) ?  Or is the sump sealed and under pressure from
the siphon?

Scott H.