Re:Echinodorus compacta

    * From: "Robert H" <robertph3 at attbi_com>

>> I would like to put in a good word for E parviflorus, not the Tropica
>> variety which looks sort of diseased to me,

>> Diseased? lol where do you get that from? They look like very robust plants
>> to me, nice crown, bushy leaves, compact in size.

I out to get a picture of the regular variety of E. parviflorus on a web
page somewhere to show the graceful form of these swords.

To me, the leaves of the Tropica variety look shortened and twisted as
though the plant wasn't getting all the nutrients it needed.  (Perhaps a
smidgeon of calcium deficiency) I refer to the picture in Kasselmann, as
well as various others on web pages of plant retailers. I also think that
the variagated forms of plants also look diseased. (Actually, they are.)  I
think that fancy goldfish look like gastly, unfortunate mutants that ought
to be put out of their misery.  I don't even like long-finned zebra danios.

So there!

Forrest Grump