Re: Adjusting pH w/SeaChem products

Naomi,

I am interested in what makes your water that way too - my sister-in-law
lives in SF and her water is just too weird. Here in Oregon our water is
pretty standard stuff, although now that the rains have come both KH and GH
have dropped to 1.5 to 2.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that many fish experts believe that it is
the GH, not the pH, that affects the fish. pH is usually given in books, I
know, but that may be because *usually* a low pH = low hardness, or maybe
it's that pH test kits are more widely distributed than GH test kits, or
maybe it's that the people who say GH is more important than pH are just
wrong.

If those people are right, then your nice low GH should open up your fish
options.